Before sending and make connections between products on Shopify and Amazon, salestio needs to know rules that will be used to convert Shopify Products to Amazon items.
Such rules in terms of the “Salestio” named “Profiles”. For amazon integration it's split into two sections:
- Global profiles — include general settings connected to QTY, Price. These global settings shared together with other integration channels like Ebay.
- Amazon profiles — include amazon channel-specific settings. As an example "Fulfillment Latency". This information can't be shared across channels and only specific to amazon.
On profiles overview pages you can find the following information for "Global Profiles"
- Name of profile — this name will be shown across Salestio as the representation of this global configuration profile
- Price mode — price mode selected for the selected profile
- QTY mode — qty mode in specific profile
- Additionally, you may see
- QTY mode — how qty will be transferred using this profile
- Price value — custom price for the item
- Price ratio — ratio used as multiplicator to product price (*2,*1.2, etc)
Detailed information about available modes you can find in the global profile creation manual.
- Name of profile — this name will be shown across Salestio as the representation of this amazon profile
- Marketplace mode — available or specific amazon marketplace (US, CA, UK, etc.) or any available marketplace
- Fulfillment latency — duration between order received by the seller and get dispatched for delivery
Detailed information about available modes you can find in the amazon profile creation manual.