When you export an item to Amazon, Amazon expects you to provide the stock for this product. Salestio supports stock synchronization when Shopify product is linked to the Amazon listing. When Shopify product is linked to Amazon listing, the stock is synced automatically. If a Shopify product is out of stock, the corresponding Amazon listing will be inactive in your Amazon Seller Central account.
After the initial connection between the products on Shopify and Amazon is established, it is possible to disable future stock updates on Amazon. To do this, please follow the next steps:
- Navigate to the Settings page is Salestio.
- Select the needed Amazon account.
- Uncheck the 'Update Amazon Item QTY when it has changed in Shopify'.
- Hit the 'Save Changes' button.
To update the stock on Amazon, Salestio uses the stock data from the Available Quantity field on the Shopify product page. There might be nothing added to that field in Shopify. In this case, Salestio transfers the value as NULL to Amazon. It might result in the deactivation of the Amazon listing.
For cases like this, and a couple of others, Salestio allows you to customize stock synchronization with the help of Global Profile. Please refer to the following support article to read more about the Global Profile in Salestio.
This article explains how you can set and make use of Item Qty Mode in Global Profile. The Item Qty Mode settings are described below.
- Product value exports to Amazon the exact value take from the 'Available Quantity' field on the Shopify product page.
- Single stock exports to Amazon the product quantity set to 1. After updating Amazon listings with this value, Salestio will not do any automatic synchronization with the stock on the Shopify product page. If the stock on the Shopify product page changes, the stock of the Amazon listing will still be set to 1.
Custom quantity allows you to set any stock for Amazon listings. This feature might be useful if you do not use stock data on your Shopify product page. Salestio will send customized stock value to Amazon. Please note that Salestio will not be able to do any automatic stock updates after that. In this case, stock on Amazon will be updated only if the item was sold.
Important! Please use this feature with caution as it can result in the Amazon sale of the item that is actually out of stock.
Not more than qty value allows you to restrict the stock that will be shown on Amazon. It might be useful, for example, if you sell your Shopify products across multiple channels and want to specify how many items can be sold directly on Amazon. It works exactly as the label says. If the stock in Shopify is 20, and the 'Not more than' value is 10, only 10 items will be shown in stock on Amazon. If the stock in Shopify 5, and the 'Not more than' value is still 10, the stock of all 5 items will be shown on Amazon.
To apply the Global Profile settings to the Selling products, you should add those products to the Selling List that uses the needed Global Profile settings. If you want to apply different stock configurations to the various groups of products, you should create a separate Selling List with the specific Global Profile.
For example, if you want to set the stock for yoga pants to 10, and aroma candles to 'Not more than 3', you should create two Selling Lists. One will use the Global Profile with the Custom qty mode set to 10, and the second will use the Global Profile with the 'Not more than' qty mode set to 3.
Important! There might be the case when the Shopify products have already been linked to the Amazon items with the Default Global Profile, and you want to set custom stock for these products. In this case, you will need to run the QTY update manually.
You should follow the next steps to update the Selling List with a new Global Profile and run a QTY update.
- Go to the Selling List you want to modify, and click the 'Edit' link at the end of the Selling List row.
- Scroll to the Global Profile section, select the needed Global Profile and save the Selling List.
- Open this Selling List, select the needed Products, hit the 'More Actions' button, and select 'Update Q'.
The status will change to 'Pending Qty Update'.
- Give Salestio about 5 mins to update the stock and the status will be changed back to 'Linked'.