Amazon Order Details in Salestio
To view details for Amazon orders imported into the application, please jump to the menu "Orders”, at the resource list with all orders please click on the selected order.
A new page will give you an overview of all Amazon Order details. The data order view page is very similar to the one that is shown on your store Orders page.
- Order Details — located on the top right corner of the page. This block shows general information about the Amazon order like a marketplace, account, time of sale, and last time when the order was updated. It also includes the Fulfilment channel connected to this order.
- Fulfillment channel MFN — Merchant Fulfilled Network
- Fulfillment channel AFN — Amazon-fulfilled network
- Customer — customer information who purchased amazon orders. That includes name, email, billing, and shipping address. Please notice in most cases amazon doesn’t give you a private customer email, instead, it shows the amazon email address assigned to the customer and order.
- Order number — showed as a header on the page and provide you amazon order number that you can use for further tracking of amazon order
- Order Items — located below the order number and show products that are related to orders. Every ordered item in addition to the title, includes the ASIN number, SKU code. Also showed information about purchased QTY, Price, and total purchase cost for every position.
- Order Status & Order Total — output current status of amazon order, a summary of, including product cost, shipping cost, taxes if available. Possible statuses:
- Paid — order is paid on amazon and the order could be fulfilled
- Shipped — order is shipped to the customer
- Incomplete — order is not yet complete on amazon, you should wait for the shipment of the order before it gets finalized and paid on amazon
- Refunded — order is canceled/refunded
- Partially Shipped — order contains multiple items, some of the items not yet shipped
- Logs — show detailed logs related to amazon order import into Salestio and if applicable importing it into your store Order section. The order section is split by the date when the action happens.